Yugul Mangi Development Aboriginal Corporation (YMDAC)
- LDM Multi‑Agency Partnership (MAP) Agreement and Implementation Plan signed on 28 May 2018.
- In May 2019, YMDAC were awarded a 36 month period contract to upgrade and maintain sections of the Roper Highway and Numbulwar Road.
- YMDAC have received two years funding from 2019 – 2020 to provide services in Ngukurr including the Guluman Children and Families Centre and the Ngukurr School and Language Centre. This funding will see the implementation of a Traditional Languages Program and BabyFAST (Families as First Teachers) designed to engage families with their child’s learning and development and produce Kriol resources.
- YMDAC LDM MAP Agreement
- YMDAC LDM MAP Implementation Plan
Jawoyn Association Aboriginal Corporation (JAAC)
- LDM Multi‑Agency Partnership (MAP) Agreement and Implementation Plan signed on 2 November 2018.
- JAAC have developed the Jawoyn Cultural Awareness and Immersion Program, designed for government employees and contractors working on Jawoyn country.
- JAAC have also established Jawoyn Contracting and have already secured significant works related to the upgrades of Nitmiluk National Park including walking trails, rest stops, boat terminal and the Nitmiluk Visitor Centre.
- JAAC LDM MAP Agreement
- JAAC LDM MAP Implementation Plan
Gurindji Aboriginal Corporation (GAC)
- LDM Multi‑Agency Partnership (MAP) Agreement and Implementation Plan signed on 19 November 2018.
- In November 2018, GAC secured a contract to deliver 10 remote community housing upgrades in Kalkarindji. Since then, 10 Room to Breathe upgrades in Kalkarindji have been added to the contract. The contract also covers other general repair and maintenance works in Lajamanu over 2018-2019.
- GAC LDM MAP Agreement
- GAC LDM MAP Implementation Plan
Alawa Aboriginal Corporation (AAC)
- AAC, NT Government and Roper Gulf Regional Council are in the final stages of developing a LDM Multi‑Agency Partnership (MAP) Agreement and Implementation Plan.
- The Agreement was recently received for review and comment by the parties at a meeting held in Minyerri.
Walangeri Ngumpinku Aboriginal Corporation (WNAC)
- WNAC has indicated they are ready to negotiate a LDM Multi-Agency Partnership (MAP) Agreement and Implementation Plan.
- Phase 1 of the agreed process was completed in August 2019 with a number of individual consultations held with NT Government agencies, the National Indigenous Australians Agency and WNAC, with preparation for Phase 2 (joint workshop) in development.
Kalano Community Association Inc. (Kalano)
- The Department of the Chief Minister’s Big Rivers office worked with local Aboriginal leaders and Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations to establish the Katherine Child and Family Community Advisory Group.
- Kalano has also been selected by the Community Advisory Group to operate the new Katherine Children and Families Centre. The Community Advisory Group determined the service model and governance and leadership arrangements of the new Centre. The Centre is on schedule to be established in the latter half of 2019.
Other LDM initiatives (across Big Rivers region)
- The Katherine Child and Family Community Advisory Group received funding through the 2018-2019 round of the Community Child and Family Fund to purchase a 25-35 seat coach to enable young families to travel safely from the surrounding communities to attend appointments and access support services and return home afterwards.
- The Department of the Chief Minister’s Big Rivers office, with the Department of Local Government, Housing and Community Development, initiated a trial project at Minyerri and Ngukurr around remote community housing allocations. Using cue‑cards, the project identifies the values of a community which are then matched with the Departments’ requirements when assessing housing applications and allocating suitable housing.
- The Department of Education has established Local Engagement and Decision Making (LEaD) committees in remote community schools including Borroloola, Bulla Camp, Kalkaringi, Pine Creek, Robinson River and Wugularr.
Updated 4 months ago