- Werenbun Homeland – Implementation Plan 2022 - 2027
- Signed on the 24 January 2022 this is the first LDM Agreement in a Homeland in the Northern Territory
- Signed at Leliyn (Edith Falls) in Nitmiluk National Park, the Agreement is supported by Jawoyn Association, Northern Territory Government, National Indigenous Australians Agency, Roper Gulf Regional Council, Sunrise Health Service, Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service and Nitmiluk Tours.
- The Implementation Plan Strategic Priorities include Economic Development (Employment, Education and Training), Health and Community Wellbeing, Infrastructure and Housing, Culture and Heritage
Yugul Mangi Development Aboriginal Corporation (YMDAC)
- Yugul Mangi Development Aboriginal Corporation Local Decision Making Implementation Plan 2021 – 2023 . Signed on the 25 August 2021 to coincide with the official opening of the Local Decision Making Board room and office space in Ngukurr.
- Original LDM Multi-Agency Partnership (MAP) Agreement and Implementation Plan 2018 – 2020 signed 28 May 2018.
- Construction of the Language Centre Accommodation
- Civil training and operator tickets achieved
- In May 2019, YMDAC were awarded a 36 month period contract to upgrade and maintain sections of the Roper Highway and Numbulwar Road.
- YMDAC have received two years funding from 2019 – 2020 to provide services in Ngukurr including the Guluman Children and Families Centre and the Ngukurr School and Language Centre. This funding will see the implementation of a Traditional Languages Program and BabyFAST (Families as First Teachers) designed to engage families with their child’s learning and development and produce Kriol resources.
- YMDAC LDM MAP Agreement
- YMDAC LDM MAP Implementation Plan
Jawoyn Association Aboriginal Corporation (JAAC)
- The Jawoyn Association Aboriginal Corporation Local Decision Making Implementation Plan 2021 – 2023 was signed on the 4 October 2021.
- JAAC have successfully won the Remote Housing and Maintenance, and Remote Tenancy Management contracts for Barunga, Beswick and Eva Valley to be delivered by Jawoyn Construction. The contract commenced 1 October 2021 and will be in place until June 2023.
- JAAC are also supporting Werenbun, a Jawoyn homeland, to negotiate its own LDM Agreement.
- LDM Multi‑Agency Partnership (MAP) Agreement and Implementation Plan signed on 2 November 2018.
- JAAC have developed the Jawoyn Cultural Awareness and Immersion Program, designed for government employees and contractors working on Jawoyn country.
- JAAC have also established Jawoyn Contracting and have already secured significant works related to the upgrades of Nitmiluk National Park including walking trails, rest stops, boat terminal and the Nitmiluk Visitor Centre.
- Local Decision Making Implementation Plan 2021-23
- JAAC LDM MAP Agreement
- JAAC LDM MAP Implementation Plan 2018 - 2020
Gurindji Aboriginal Corporation (GAC)
- On 2 November 2021, Gurindji Aboriginal Corporation (GAC) opened the Kalkaringi Community and Family Centre (Ngalywany Purrp’ku “Ours to Share”) and signed the Gurindji LDM Implementation Plan 2021-2023.
- In addition, GAC also hosted the Big Rivers Regional Coordination Committee (BRRCC) meeting in their new board room, part of the Kalkaringi Community and Family Centre. This was the first meeting to occur in one of our remote communities.
- GAC were successful in their tender to deliver the Remote Housing Maintenance Services contract in Kalkaringi. The contract commenced 28 October 2021 until June 2023.
- LDM Multi‑Agency Partnership (MAP) Agreement and Implementation Plan signed on 19 November 2018.
- In November 2018, GAC secured a contract to deliver 10 remote community housing upgrades in Kalkarindji. Since then, 10 Room to Breathe upgrades in Kalkarindji have been added to the contract. The contract also covers other general repair and maintenance works in Lajamanu over 2018-2019.
- GAC LDM MAP Agreement
- GAC LDM MAP Implementation Plan 2021-2023
- Gurindji LDM Implementation Plan 2021-2023 signatures
Walangeri Ngumpinku Aboriginal Corporation (WNAC)
- WNAC has indicated they are ready to negotiate a LDM Multi-Agency Partnership (MAP) Agreement and Implementation Plan.
- Phase 1 of the agreed process was completed in August 2019 with a number of individual consultations held with NT Government agencies, the National Indigenous Australians Agency and WNAC, with preparation for Phase 2 (joint workshop) in development.
Kalano Community Association Inc. (Kalano)
- The Department of the Chief Minister’s Big Rivers office worked with local Aboriginal leaders and Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations to establish the Katherine Child and Family Community Advisory Group.
- Kalano has also been selected by the Community Advisory Group to operate the new Katherine Children and Families Centre. The Community Advisory Group determined the service model and governance and leadership arrangements of the new Centre. The Centre is on schedule to be established in the latter half of 2019.
Other LDM initiatives (across Big Rivers region)
- The Katherine Child and Family Community Advisory Group received funding through the 2018-2019 round of the Community Child and Family Fund to purchase a 25-35 seat coach to enable young families to travel safely from the surrounding communities to attend appointments and access support services and return home afterwards.
- The Department of the Chief Minister’s Big Rivers office, with the Department of Local Government, Housing and Community Development, initiated a trial project at Minyerri and Ngukurr around remote community housing allocations. Using cue‑cards, the project identifies the values of a community which are then matched with the Departments’ requirements when assessing housing applications and allocating suitable housing.
- The Department of Education has established Local Engagement and Decision Making (LEaD) committees in remote community schools including Borroloola, Bulla Camp, Kalkaringi, Pine Creek, Robinson River and Wugularr.
Updated 5 months ago